Monday, October 16, 2006

Nivea's human billboard

I love marketing, I love technology, and I love skincare. But Nivea's recent use of all three - walking and talking human billboard is not my cup of tea.

"The Adwalkers walk about in public places, malls, or other venues where the client's target audience is most likely to be, wearing a high-resolution video screen bearing the client's message across their chests. They are trained to have friendly conversations with interested consumers in order to qualify them for offers and promotional messages."


When it comes to shopping for skincare, women like personal recommendations and a comfortable environment. I honestly do not see myself being stopped in the street and voluntarily engage in beauty talks with a strange guy strapped in a techno vest...then be sent off to an exhibit. I mean, that is 15 mins of my life! Enough for me to check in with my girlfriends about the latest and greatest in the beauty world.

Maybe I just am not a Nivea girl.



AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: